Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Little red cuties

These babies are so cute, I can't stop raving about them! I know I sound like a gardening idiot but when I sowed the cherry radish seeds along with carrot and lavender seeds, I wasn't expecting anything to germinate.

In a way, I was quite right because there are still no signs of carrot or lavender seedlings to date. The only thing that worked are the radish seeds. I have grown the long white tropical ones before but these red round ones are my first. I always thought they can only do well in cooler climates.

Granted, the weather has been very cool lately, I'm still surprised at how well these babies are doing in this humidity.

I've also had lots of success growing arugula (rocket), so it only goes to show that you'll never know unless you try.

2 comments:

  1. They look so cute! I should try growing them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by my blog. I dont have green fingers. Anything I grow - dies, even the air plant. Thankfully I have a gardener that helps me out, and we have been enjoying some of the fruits growing in my garden. :)

    ReplyDelete